On April 8th it was mommy's birthday and oh how the kids made it a very special day. I received lots of cute drawings and got lots of hugs and kisses. Later that night we had lots of junk food and sprawled out in the sitting room to watch movies. I think the kids even survived the few hours without any fighting. What more could a mom ask for??:)
Friday, April 10th~ We got a call from Papa that he fell in the garage and may have broken his foot. So Aiden and I rushed over and took him to the ER ....sure enough he did break his foot. We were told to bring him back on Monday the day after Easter to see the Orthopedic Surgeon; They sent him home in a boot until then. He was very worried and he and Nana had a much needed Hawaii trip planned in six days!!
Sunday, April 12th was Easter. The day before we scrambled to get the house ready and colored eggs. And boy did they have fun. Color is still no my table and may never come out:) On Easter morning the kids found all of the eggs the Easter Bunny left pretty quickly; Except one.....one REAL egg was missing. So they kept looking and looking and looking.....Mommy would just NOT let them stop. Finally after TWO HOURS I let them stop and eat breakfast then it was back to searching. HOURS later Tayler came upstairs with the egg......Apparently their dear Uncle Adam came out stairs in the middle of the night and saw a real egg and 2 plastic eggs in a basket he was going to use for Rayne so instead of setting them out somewhere else HE TOOK THEM IN HIS ROOM!!!! (he said "well I didn't know") ..........ugh.......brothers:)..........Later that night we went to Nana and Papas house for Easter Dinner. Lots of yummy food and mommy made her favorite cheesecake recipe that all the kids beg for. It was a wonderful day:)
Monday, April 13th~ After we took Papa to the Orthopedic Surgeon they decided yes he needed surgery. They wanted to add some screws in his foot which would enable him to walk a little easier. So Tuesday April 14th We took Papa to Surgery. It went very well and YES he could still go to Hawaii on Thursday with nana!! :)
Wednesday, April 15th I got a call from Cjaristy's school that she had fallen down the stairs and possible broken or sprained her ankle!! (What?!).....Talk about weird considering we had been to doctors for Papa's foot 3 time in the last 5 days. So after picking her up from school and getting her to the clinic......Sure enough her foot had a bad sprain.
Thursday, April 16th ~ Nana and Papa (on crutches of course) flew of to Hawaii. Kenna was complaining that her foot hurt on the way to school. I of course assumed it was because of all the commotion with "feet" over the week. A few hours later I got a call from HER school saying she could not move her toes!!! So I took her to the clinic....and GUESS WHAT?! BROKEN. The poor thing was casted and then just two days later it split and needed to be re-casted. So SIX days out of EIGHT I had to take someone to a doctor regarding their foot!! Sheesh. Talk about the "Curse of Bad Feet" :)

On Friday the 17th our friend Mandah asked us to dog sit for awhile. Her dog Oakley (Akita) is phenomenal. Best behaved dog I have ever seen. I joke with Mandah all of the time that I am going to go into hiding. Part of me is not joking....:) I certainly got attached very quickly ~ I look at this dog as my gym membership. There is something addicting about her .... I LOVE to walk her. Aiden is so obsessed with her also...All the kids love her but Aiden sure has always had a special connection with dogs. I am now convinced I will get us a dog one day. And yes it HAS to be a female Akita. After some research I have found they are one of the best breeds for kids. We are just in love:)


Tuesday, April 21st Aiden and Madi started tee ball. They LOVE it!! Madi spends most of her time dancing around the out field and even dances over the ball ad it just rolls by her but it sure it cute to watch. And Aiden......WOW can that kid hit!! When he gets up to the plate all the coaches yell to the other team to "BACK UP". Lots of fun!!

My niece Rayne also really enjoys the games. She LOVES the grass it is cute to watch her discover new things.

So I think that covers the "big" things for April. We will try and be better and posting so it's not so long.







No comments:
Post a Comment