McKenna who is now 9 and a half years old still to this day needs someone to fall asleep with her; Once she is asleep she is fine throughout the night but she always needs someone to lay with her until she drifts off. Over the years we have tried to break this habit of hers. We've tried the night lights, open door, TV the whole nine yards. But the only thing to ever appease her is have myself or one of the kids lay with her. So this duty usually falls to one of her older siblings. So my goal for the new year was to try and break her of it once and for all. One night both Cjaristy and Tayler were gone......so this was the perfect night to get her to lay down on her own. I told myself I will stick to my guns and let her lay in bed with a night light and door cracked and "I'm not going in this time"......So she layed in her room screeching that she needed someone I kept telling her she was a big girl and could do it...and reminded her her door is right next to mine and she would be perfectly fine. The screaming continued. But I would not budge. Little Madi was in her bed without a peep and Aiden in his. I went downstairs to do some laundry and noticed as I came back upstairs somehow the crying ceased. I was elated. She finally did it. She finally went to sleep on her own. So I went in to take a peek and this is what I found...................

The next morning I asked him why he went in there and he replied.....
"Tayler was gone so it was my job to help my sister".........What a brother!!! :) Although we still have not broken her of this.............(sigh)
No comments:
Post a Comment