Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Little Bumble-Bee turns SIX.........

(lets pretend this was posted March 5th) I'm terrible about finishing things I start. I'm sure most of you know that. I wanted to post this the exact day of her birthday; However I am my usual slow self.

It seems like yesterday our little Madi came in to our lives. She is "on two hands now" as she proudly proclaims. That is how she understands her age you see....she counts her fingers. She still can't just say her age when someone asks she has to count her fingers and then she will look up and grin and say "Six. I'm on two hands now!".........She had a great birthday this year. She was all smiles from ear to ear all day. She was so very proud of her birthday bows. And couldn't quit talking about wanting to get home from school to make her cake. She is obsessed with wanting to be a chef when she grows up. You can usually find her in front of the television with all her play dishes around her watching a cooking show and yelling to the cook in the TV that she needs to add more sugar or some other ingredient. So this year instead of purchasing a cake we waited until the day and made it together. I think the three younger kids really just wanted to eat some batter:) When the night ended and Madi opened her new kitchen (she completely wore the other one out) She turned to me and said this was her most favorite birthday. I'm pretty sure she said that last year also:)

Six years ago we were blessed with another child. And wow what a blessing!! She is one of the sweetest spirits you will ever meet. One day Madi will learn exactly "how" she joined our family. And the first thing she will learn is that is God knew she belonged with us. She completes our family. She is and will always be my little miracle. She did not have an easy start right from birth but this little girl....this little angel is a fighter. We fought together and we won. I will never forget the doctors telling me she may not live, be able to eat on her own or be a "normal child".....thankfully she proved them wrong....she eats like a horse and will live a very long happy life. They were right about one thing....she is not a "normal child" she is an EXTRAORDINARY child....it is true we have several issues to deal with stemming from problems at birth...but she is leaps and bounds from where we were told she would be and every day she amazes me.

"Happy Birthday my sweet sweet girl......I love you more than you will ever know"


No comments:

Post a Comment