Sunday, March 1, 2009

An "Un-Made" Day........

For the last several years a very big pet peeve of mine has been an un-made Bed. I'm always getting after the kids about making their beds. I'm always telling them .... "An un-made bed leads to an un-made day".........

I can deal with cluttered kids rooms at times and toys on the floor but when the bed is not made it just bothers me to no end. A room can be completely clean but if the bed is not made I do not even notice the clean room ...all I see is a MESSY BED.

I always make a point to the kids that even when I am sick I make my bed before I do anything else. Even with my constant harping over this issue it rarely changes.....sometimes I think they really have a volume control in their ears that automatically adjusts to my voice and my voice alone. I was certain that not one of them paid attention to my rantings about the beds until my little Madi.......

A few days ago she was having a rotten day....she was emotional, everything seemed to go wrong for her. From the time she awoke until bed time it was just one thing after another. When bed time finally came after a very very long day she was in her room screaming "Mommy Mommy!!" I ran into her room to find her standing in front of her bed....she turned to me and said "Now I know why I had a bad day!! I did not make my bed!"

The next morning she ran in my room and took my hand to lead me in her room. She showed me her MADE bed. And proudly said "Today I won't have an unmade day."

Thank you my little Madi for showing me that I at least reached one pair of ears:)



No comments:

Post a Comment